Celtic manager Neil Lennon has confirmed that plans have already been put in place to replace Jozo Simunovic and Jonny Hayes.
Both players will leave Parkhead when their contracts expire at the end of the month, and Lennon says that after a meeting with Head Of Football Operations Nick Hammond, they have now identified two possible replacements:
“We are looking to develop and improve the squad and those are two positions we’re looking at, as well as a few others. We had recruitment meetings on Thursday and Friday and hopefully, we’ll get the ball rolling.”
“That will create its own excitement. Recruitment is a big part of management. Nick Hammond and his team have been working hard, even over the last month or two. We should have a couple of potential targets in mind now we’ve had those meetings.”
Lennon goes on to say that, in Simunovic’s case, they have been looking at “three to four” different types of centre-back, which does suggest that the process of replacing the Croatian has been extensive.
With another winger to replace the departing Hayes also being planned, the Hoops will seemingly be very active when the transfer window reopens.
It was thought that a move to re-sign Fraser Forster on loan was in the works, but Lennon has said that there have been no negotiations with Southampton so far, but that could change in the future.